On 2013-12-12, mike wrote:

> I have a document which almost entirely consists of nested enumerated
> lists.  The problem is that the vertical spacing between paragraphs and
> items in an enumerated list is too close together.  I have tried to
> remedy this in Document > Settings > Text Layout by using the vertical
> space button but that doesn't seem to have any effect.  In the same
> dialogue box if I set line spacing to double I almost get what I want
> except that individual paragraphs are double spaced.  What I really want
> is that everything is "double spaced" except for the lines in an
> individual paragraph.

For separating of items in a list, use is Enumitem LyX module. It makes
use of package enumitem. Now insert the LaTeX code for configuration of
the list-item-separting space in Document>Settings>LaTeX preamble. Read
ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/enumitem/enumitem.pdf
for details.

For separating paragraphs by vertical space instead of indent, use the
package parskip. (\usepackage{parskip} in the LaTeX preamble).

Günter