15/01/2014 20:25, A Choi:
I am sending this again to include my OS and lyx version. as well as a
more detailed description of the problem.

Windows 7 and 2.0.6.

If I have a math expression, say, $acb$, and want to change the order of
them, I select b inside the math environment and do ctrl+x then move my
cursor to the space between a and c and then press ctrl+v. What happens
is b gets pasted outside the math environment, in plain text, in front
of $ac$. so instead of $abc$, i get b$ac$.

From your bindings, it seems that Ctrl+v is selection-paste and not paste. Why is that? I am not sure whether there is a good reason why paste-selection does not work in math. The reason is probably that we have to many of these paste variants and that most of them are half-baked.

JMarc