On 01/30/2014 03:04 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:
On 01/29/14, 02:41 , Richard Heck wrote:
On 01/28/2014 03:14 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
This should be fixed shortly and a new installer will be
uploaded.
As often, this is due to changes in the underlying Qt platform
that seem to exist only on certain versions of OSX. We have had
this problem before, and there are other issues about Cocoa versus
whatever versus whatever else. It is difficult to test every
combination, and we have only a couple active OSX developers. Many
of them use trunk (2.1.dev) for obvious sorts of reasons. So,
well, we could really use a couple people who could test the OSX
version on a more regular basis.
To facilitate this, may I suggest to create a homebrew recipe to
facilitate the installation and update of the latest LyX? At least for
me, I would likely use (and update) it regularly  as it is no hassle
at all (in contrast to downloading and installing, or even compiling
first.

This is a great idea, but of course someone on OSX who knew how to use homebrew would need to do it.

rh