Am 03.02.2014 um 11:34 schrieb Rainer M Krug <rai...@krugs.de>:

> On 02/03/14, 11:07 , Stephan Witt wrote:

>>> I am using this to the devel lits as this does not (yet?) concern
>>> a "normal" user.
>>>
>>> Looking into this, I am wondering: what are the settings to
>>> create the LyX binary for Mac? I could not find a hotwo on how to
>>> compile on mac?
>>
>> Possibly a little bit outdated - but did you consider
>> INSTALL.MacOSX?
>
> Shame on me - there it is, in the obvious place.
>
> Thanks, I'll look into it,

No problem. I'll happily update it's contents to reflect your
findings on this matter. For LyX 2.1.X e.g. the gettext requirement
doesn't exist anymore. The Qt version for production is 4.8.5.
For development I've tried 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 too.
Version 5.2 definitively doesn't work - the menu is missing
almost completely. On current Mac systems Qt-Carbon isn't
available anymore.

I'm using the script development/LyX-Mac-binary-release.sh.
Something like that (note the back slashes):

ARCH=x86_64
Qt4Version=4.8.5
Qt4API=-cocoa
LyXVersion=lyx-2.1.0beta2
QtConfigureOptions="-debug-and-release" Qt4API=${Qt4API}
Qt4Version=${Qt4Version} \
 sh ${LyXVersion}/development/LyX-Mac-binary-release.sh \
   --with-sdkroot=10.8 --with-macosx-target=10.6 --with-arch=${ARCH} \
   --with-qt4-dir=$HOME/lyx-build/qt-${Qt4Version}-frameworks${Qt4API}-${ARCH}

Stephan