On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:16 PM, stefano franchi
<stefano.fran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Feb 2014, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>>
>>> Load the Logical Markup module, then select text, right-click, Text
>>> Style,
>>> Code.
>>

>> Liviu,
>>
>>   I was not aware of this module; I'll go look for it. Are modules
>> different
>> from packages?
>>

> I was not aware of this module either, good to know. But I am not sure I
> understand its advantages. All it does is to define 4 new commands
> such as
>
> \newcommand{\code}[1]{\texttt{#1}} and similarly for the other tree styles.
>

> So if I apply the "code" command to, say "code fragment" I have
>

> \code{code fragment}
>

> instead of the "fingerpainted"
>

> \texttt{code fragment}
>

> The resulting Latex code seems more complex: I have a new command in the
> preamble (\code) that simply applies a "fingerpainting" command instead of
> the fingerpainting command itself. Two commands instead of one.

It's the whole debate of fingerpainting vs styles. With a style (e.g.
using the Module), if you suddenly decide that your code bits should
be sans instead of monospace, you can easily redefine '\code' with one
touch in the Preamble; with fingerpainting, you have to do this
manually throughout the document as it is ill-advised to redefine
'\texttt'. See Emphasis vs Italic and Noun vs Small Capitals in LyX.

Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm