On 02/20/2014 07:40 PM, Jason F. Siegel wrote:
Hello all,

I'm hoping this is as simple a problem as my other recent query. I would like to use biblatex to generate a bibliography, but I'm running into trouble. On my Ubuntu 13.04 machine running LyX 2.0.7, I have tried to follow the instructions on the wiki ( http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Biblatex) to little success. I have copied the text of the biblatex.module file ( http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/BibTeX/biblatex.module) and saved it to /home/myusername/.lyx/layouts (which was otherwise empty-- I'm not sure if that's normal). I then reconfigured LyX and restarted. When I tried to load the module Biblatex-citation-styles, I got an error message: Error reading module biblatex. I appreciate any insights!

You have presumably made a mistake in copying the file. Better just to save the file from the web directly into your ~/.lyx/layouts/ directory (which will be empty until you put something in it), then reconfigure.

If you still get an error, start LyX from the command line. Then you will be error messages which we can use to debug.

Richard