Thanks for the help, but I'm still running into the same problems. I comment below in the relevant places.

On 02/21/2014 10:09 AM, stefano franchi wrote:
Hi Jason,

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Jason F. Siegel <siege...@umail.iu.edu> wrote:

\begin{document}

The control sequence at the end of the top line

of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have

misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct

spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,

and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

When I try previewing with other options, the file displays but there is no
bibliography. Following the wiki I copied this into the preamble:

\usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true,backend=bibtex]{biblatex}

This is ok, although biber is preferred backend in biblatex. Unless
you have special reasons to use bibtex, replace the command with

\usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true,backend=biber]{biblatex}

or even

\usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true]{biblatex}

as biber is now the default in biblatex
I have now tried each of these options, both have failed to compile, giving me the same error message as before.
and put the path to my .bib file there as well

\addbibresource{/home/username/Dropbox/LASTNAME Dissertation
Year/Dissertation/Master List-Saved.bib}

Hmm. Do you really have a space after LASTNAME? That's a bad idea. I
would stay away from spaces in filenames and path. There are places
where you can uses and places where putting a space in a path will
throw everything off-kilter. My advice to everyone working on Linux is
to never ever use a space. Doubly so when using LaTeX (or LyX, which
uses LaTeX behind your back). You'lll spare yourself a lot of grief
Thanks for this pointer. The new command in the preamble is

\addbibresource{/home/username/Dropbox/MasterList.bib}

I went through and changed the bibliography path for both the citations and the comment as well, but got the same error.

I inserted the bibliography in a comment near the end (and earlier in a
note, with no difference), and right after that, I put \printbibliography in
ERT. When I try to preview that, my error messages come up. Any thoughts?
That is ok.

As a test, try moving your bib file to a "space-safe" directory,
change the \addbibresource command accordingly and see if the
compilation ("preview") goes through. Report back otherwise.

Cheers,

Stefano

Thanks for your patience and assistance!

--Jason