----- Original Message -----
From: Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net>
To: Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org lyx <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 04:50:34 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Re: Words not added to personal dictionary? [UPDATE]

Hi Rich,

I had a closer look now. I'm on a Mac but this shouldn't make a difference.

At first some facts about the feature:
* It's not possible to use Aspells own "private word list". Aspell has no
  interface for removing a word from it's list. So LyX doesn't add any word
  to Aspells "private word list" but to a self maintained list.
* LyX maintains separate lists per language.
* These lists are stored as text files in the user directory, one file per
language.
* The list for a given language is read on the first attempt of spell check.
* The list is modified in memory and saved to disk on exit of LyX.
* The list is shared by all open documents.

This said I have to admit - I cannot reproduce your problem.

One thing I can imagine to create problems is having multiple instances of LyX
open.

Stephan

Possibly not in Mac, but in Debian Jessie and the same was the case in wheezy,
aspell has a list of users words added in the /home/user directory.

Being only an English language user, I don't have a list of "private" words or
user added words text list in /home/.lyx, so maybe it differs in Debian?

Be well,
Charlie

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        He who knows others is wise; He who know himself is
        enlightened. ---Lao-tzu