----- Original Message -----
From: Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org lyx <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:55:03 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Re: Words not added to personal dictionary? [UPDATE]

   Here, in ~/.lyx/ is a file called pwl_english.dict; in the LyX preferences
under Language Settings -> Spellchecker the default in the top dropdown box
is Aspell; the other choices are Enchant and Hunspell, neither of which are
on my systems.

   In ~/.lyx/pwl_english.dict are the words that I've added, including those
in the current document. So they are present, but each time I finish a
chapter and spell check the document those words are highlighted and the
tool pauses for me to tell it to ignore all. And, it doesn't do the latter,
either; I need to tell it to ignore each instance of the same word which is
in the dict file.

Rich

I don't have ~/.lyx/pwl_english.dict on my Jessie system.

Is that possibly the problem? What happens if you comment it out and see if the
problem persists?

Charlie