Am 28.03.2014 20:40, schrieb Wolfgang Keller:

LyX is already installed.
Please uninstall LyX first.

WTF?!

First, this error message is *wrong*, since I don't have LyX
"installed". I use it in portable mode.

Can you give me more information please. What LyX version are you using? From where did you get the portable LyX?

This error message should only occur if you try to install LyX 2.1rc1 over LyX 2.1rc1. This is checked by the Windows registry. But a portable version does not write anything to the registry and LyX 2.1RC1 was never released before so that it can also not be already installed. Hmm, or did you once installed LyX 2.1beta? If so you must uninstall LyX 2.1beta first (these were testing releases (for LyX-only not the installer nor LyX's dependencies) so that an easy upgrade is not possible).

Second, what's that bullshittish idea

Could you please be a bit more polite. You apparently found a bug but there is
no reason to be abusive!

regards Uwe