I have the misfortune to be commanded to produce ppt.  So I took one of my
equations, in lyx.  I chose beamer so I get something that'll look good on a
slide.  I put
\beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty

so crop will work.

When exported export/pdf(crop), it looks OK, but it's too small.  I import to
M$
PPT by opening in acroread and copy file to clipboard.

So I need something that'll resize the pdf (or convince lyx/beamer to output
something bigger in the first place).

I tried the latter without success.

Putting in preamble
\geometry{paper=a4paper}

didn't seem help.

Finally, I found this magic incantation:

gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sPAPERSIZE=a5 -dFIXEDMEDIA -dPDFFitPage -
dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -o eq1_2.pdf eq1.pdf

Then run through
pdfcrop

Finally, not a bad result (oh, did you want that centered on the slide?)

Any better ideas?