On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Neal Becker <ndbeck...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>
> > I have the misfortune to be commanded to produce ppt.  So I took one of
> my
> > equations, in lyx.  I chose beamer so I get something that'll look good
> on a
> > slide.  I put
> > \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
> >
> > so crop will work.
> >
> > When exported export/pdf(crop), it looks OK, but it's too small.  I
> import to
> > M$ PPT by opening in acroread and copy file to clipboard.
> >
> > So I need something that'll resize the pdf (or convince lyx/beamer to
> output
> > something bigger in the first place).

Not so much a "real" solution as another hack, but one thing I sometimes
have to do which I see as similar is to import tables and figures produced
in LyX into MS Word or the like. What I do is split the .pdf into separate
pages using pdftk (i.e., $pdftk figures.pdf burst ). Then, I convert the
resulting pages into high res images with convert. I use a command such as:
$convert -colorspace RGB -interlace none -density 800 -quality 100
pg_0003.pdf figure01.jpg

Then, I crop the images as needed. That way, I have the separate images
saved, and they are in a format that plays well with MS.

-Jacob