This really looks like a LaTeX question, not a LyX question. Try some LaTeX forum, or comp.text.tex.

Richard

On 05/05/2014 11:08 AM, asllearner wrote:

I am trying to use a font for my main font, and also for math latin and greek characters, while keeping the rest as is.
At the same time, I want to use blindtext.
blindtext only allows \blindmathtrue if the language has been set to english: http://texblog.org/2011/02/26/generating-dummy-textblindtext-with-latex-for-testing/ This I believe I have to do via the language package custom area in the document preferences, however using
\usepackage[english]{babel}
breaks unicode-math.
I get
! Font \l_tmpb_font has only 8 fontdimen parameters.

If I use the default language package, all works, except, as stated above, blindtext english/math.

%This is in my preamble:
\usepackage[vargreek-shape=unicode]{unicode-math}
\setmathfont{Latin Modern Math} % this is obligatory or no math font will be set...
%everything works to here. But this setmathfonts is causing the problem
\setmathfont[range=\mathit/{latin, Latin}]{SNsanafonmaruP} % upper and lower case latin and numbers % any font will do

\setmainfont[Mapping= tex-text]{SNsanafonmaruP} % not actually relevant....
\usepackage{blindtext}

The font doesn't matter; I get the same behavior whatever font I use, even standard ones...

(NB, this is heavily redacted from a larger set of uses of unicode-math for nefarious purposes, so this a best effort to produce a MWE for what seems to be the crux of the matter).

PS apparently an incomplete version of this post got sent. please ignore.