Actually, ntitai, I tried this originally...before putting \usepackage[english]{babel} (as the blintext manual directs) in the language custom area (which now works), and that's where I came in...the circle is complete. hakunamatata.

david

PS I haven't updated to LyX 2.1 yet...no, I'll confess: I mean I did update, but got errors with my files (apparently others too...); I rolled back and was going to try again, but as I was cleaning up/backing up the files I needed, got snagged in this blindtext problem...you caught me :-)

On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:02:11 +0900, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net> wrote:

On 2014-05-10, asllearner wrote:
This I knew not. But, you are quite correct, it works charmingly.

(specifically, in the language package custom
area:\usepackage{polyglossia}, and in preamble:
\setdefaultlanguage{english} )

Then, you can also do this a more "LyXish" way:

 * Document>Settings>Fonts  [x] use non-TeX fonts
 * Document>Settings>Language language-package [auto]  (or polyglossia)
 * Document>Settings>Language English
Günter