On 10/06/2014 8:38 p.m., Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
08/06/2014 22:57, Richard Heck:
I think the reason this happens is that the layout in effect in the
inset becomes the layout in effect in the paragraph, if the inset is the
only thing there. I'm not sure exactly why it works that way, though.

This is is probably the case indeed. This makes sense when the note contains a Section environment for example. The behavior should be dependent on whether the layout is the default one or not.

I have no idea of where this code lives, though.

I think this deserves a bug report.

JMarc
Alas, you have confused me now. I'm not sure what to report -- my original posting or something else. Since standard is the default layout, that is indeed what the inset dissolves to if it contains normal text but, having been prompted to try a section heading in a note, it dissolves into a section heading (even within a list -- I see that it is perfectly possible to put a section heading, numbered, bolded, larger type, within a list or sublist or subsublist, and have it indented accordingly).

Andrew