Am Mittwoch 09 Juli 2014, 11:43:06 schrieb Samuel Gamtessa:
> Hi
> I got a bug and my file crushed, I can see the emergency file but my file is
> still not opening.
>
> Is there anyway to recover my file?

* Check if you have set up a backup directory in Tools > Preferences > Paths
  - If yes, look, there should be a rather recent version of the file there.
  - If no, set up the directory for future issues.
* Check if the lyx file itself is complete (ends with \end_document) by opening
it in a text editor
* If not, check if either the emergency file (#...#) or the backup file
(*.lyx~) are complete
* If only one is, rename it to the name of the original file.
* If both are (as in Yan's case), give them different names and check the
differences in LyX via Tools > Compare

HTH
Jürgen