Le jeudi 10 juillet 2014 à 09:14 +0200, Liviu Andronic a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch 09 Juli 2014, 11:43:06 schrieb Samuel Gamtessa:
> >> Hi
> >> I got a bug and my file crushed, I can see the emergency file but my file
> >> is
> >> still not opening.
> >>
> >> Is there anyway to recover my file?
> >
> > * Check if you have set up a backup directory in Tools > Preferences > Paths
> >   - If yes, look, there should be a rather recent version of the file there.
> >   - If no, set up the directory for future issues.
> >
> Can't we by default set up a path to a (temporary) folder? Not all
> users think of doing this..
>
> Liviu

Well I'm an example of a user who hadn't thought of doing this. Since I
had enabled "automatic backups" under "documents management", I thought
I was 100% safe until I discovered the path setting in this thread and
another recent one.

Now I've set a backup path, but before I that, where did the automatic
backups go? I don't quite understand how these 2 settings are related.

--
Daniel CLEMENT