Benedict Holland writes:

> I really do not typically recommend that you learn Latex this but in
> this specific situation, I have not found a great way to use Lyx.
> Tables in Latex are trivial to set up. They are also fully customizable
> and once you get use to them, they are really easy to write well.
> Tables is the single thing I can only recommend that you just learn
> how to write in Latex. It removes lots of problems.

I don't think this holds in this specific case. In LaTeX, I would have
written the table exactly as LyX does (which is similar to many examples
in the multirow package documentation) and would have incurred in the
exact same problem. You should learn LaTeX well above what is necessary
for using it with LyX to be able to solve such issues.

--
Enrico