Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 08:10:52 -0700
From: mechanicalgen...@cox.net
To: m100@lists.bitchin100.com
Subject: [M100] Model 100/102 vs Alphasmart

Howdy folks
My name is Robert and this is my first post.
I am going to be taking a trip this summer,  aboard a 50ft sailboat,  from
Hawaii to Long Beach. I did this run couple years years ago.  Best month of my
life.  During that journey,  I shared my journal daily.  We used a ham radio
based email system called Sailmail to connect with the world.  I would write on
my tablet everyday and upload once a day.  Everyone loved reading about the
journey.
I want to share it again.  Last time,  I ran into a couple issues with my
Samsung tablet. Battery life wasn't that great,  and daylight viewability was
awful.  If I wanted to write during the day I had to go below deck to do it.
This time I want to be able to write anywhere and everywhere.
I have a Model 100, and it seems like it could be quite nice for this trip,
other than transferring files to the laptop we will be using for Sailmail. I
won't likely have access to the laptop before the trip for testing. I don't
have a NADSbox.
Another option I ran across is an Alphasmart Neo. Not quite as cool,  but
rugged,  USB built in, and I think it is backlit. I think it may have a
limitation on the number of files it can store,  and I will be creating at
least one new file per day.
So I come to you,  oh knowledgeable ones of the Model T world.  What wisdom can
you share with this lowly sailor?