Robert,

I have several Model T's, both RS and NEC. Time was when I journaled with them.

Now, I use an Alphasmart Dana. And, for journaling, it is my preferred unit.
Check out the good and bad in the reviews here:

http://www.amazon.com/AlphaSmart-Dana-Handheld-Palm-4-1/dp/B00007FV2Z

Happy travels!

David
Saint Maries, Idaho