My setup:

Mac OSX laptop
FTDI USB serial adapter
CoolTerm terminal client (http://freeware.the-meiers.org/)
Tandy M102

Connect 102 to USB serial adapter. Open CoolTerm, set to 9600,8,N,1. Select
my USB serial port

Open TELCOM on 102. Select STAT, set to 88N1E (this is 9600,8,N,1 w/
flow-control enabled)

Make sure you can type back and forth between CoolTerm and TELCOM. Note
that there will be no "local echo" -- meaning you will see your keystrokes
only on the other machine's display.

Once basic serial connectivity is established, go back to CoolTerm and
select "Capture to Textfile". Choose a file.

Back to 102. Open file in TEXT. Select SAVE and save to "COM:88N1E". This
dumps the text file to the serial port.

Stop capture in CoolTerm and you have your file.

Primitive, lots of steps, but.. easy!