I'd want to take a look and understand how the downstream parts would react
to the faster I/O and memory timing.  The RAM and ROM systems are basically
asynchronous - they look for edges and respond accordingly.  So long as
they are fast enough it should be ok.
The PIO chip - unclear there, but I bet it would work