There's a new version of LaddieAlpha up at
http://bitchin100.com/files/linux/LaddieAlpha.EXE

This one will allow you to exit LaddieAlpha if you hit ENTER from
TELCOM, which lets you get to the operating system command prompt.

It was a quick hack... for some devices and for running with the
-win32 flag you may have to hit ENTER 4 times. The reason is that the
LaddieAlpha code was built around reading 4 byte headers. To get it to
work with one ENTER keystroke I need to refactor the code to use 1
byte reads all the time. Not terribly hard but I didn't want to break
something.

Worked for me... let me know if anyone tries it and it works for them.