On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Mike Stein <mhs.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Yeah now that I think about it it would have to be something like that
since TPDD is a binary protocol, CTRL-C can show up from the client
unescaped.

NADSBox has the same kind of feature, I remember discussions with Ken.
That's why with NADSBox you just hit enter one or two times and it
realizes you are hitting enter at "human speed" (the "guard time" of
the old Hayes patent) and it automatically gives you a command line
prompt instead of treating you as a TPDD client.

It would be easy enough to add to LaddieAlpha's state machine.

Enter seems easier for users to figure out than +++ and modem
commands. Any particular reason not just to implement the same logic
NADSBox does?

BTW the Hayes patent expired in 2003 so we're good on the IP front :-)

-- John.