This is a bit weird but when I use TELECOM with the switches on the 102 set
to ACP and ORIG and an acoustic coupler attached I am unable to specify a
STAT of M711E for example.

I also don't see the function labels mentioned in the manual.

Is it possible that my Model 102 has had the modem functionality disabled
being a UK model?

It's all a bit weird! Unless for example the DIR/ACP  switch isn't
functioning correctly - presumable even with it set to DIR you would expect
to see modem related function labels such as F2 being call.

My understanding is that the 'M' in the STAT string means use the PHONE
connection and a number means use the RS232 connection.

Regards, Mark.