On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 02:53:30PM -0800, Peter Vollan wrote:
> Do you mean to say that it will not accept the M?

Apologies - I was a bit fast off the mark with that comment and did
manage to get modem screeching through the acoustic coupler and initiate
a connection with another modem although it didn't result in any
intelligible or expected results. As mentioned in another email however
I believe this may be down to having a mobile phone and bluetooth
handset in the loop. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a wired
handset that is compatible with the acoustic coupler so can't test it on
a standard phone line.

Regards, Mark.