I have two of those and just tried it. One works and one doesn't. The one that works has one USB port and just sends the power to the USB port. The one that doesn't work has two USB ports and a circuit that detects which port draws the most power. It diverts more power to the one that draws the most power. It looks like it is designed to only work with a battery. When I put together the solar cells, the panels didn't yet exist. it was fun to tinker with.

Thank you for the suggestion! I hadn't thought about using the solar charger with the M100.