Let me try to salvage something from this 'discussion'; I certainly didn't mean
to start up a love/hate FB flamewar, I only wanted to say to William James the
OP that it's a shame that he didn't (also?) put his no doubt interesting stuff
on a site that everyone could access, not just FB members.

I would have liked to see his stuff but like many others unless I *really need*
some information I will usually on principle not follow up anything that
requires that I sign up to join yet another group or list, wait for approval
etc., only in order to access some bit of info or look at some pictures (and
probably add to the spam already in my inbox).

FWIW I am a member of several Google groups that interest me, and in reply to
Shaun's post, no, he's not the only person alive who uses Google+; I also do
(although I haven't quite figured it all out yet).

Regarding Bill's comment that "[Facebook has] the ability to have photos and
videos posted where many of the lists don’t allow or have the capability of
it": true enough.

But my point was that while mail lists are not the place for blogs, videos or
more than an occasional illustration, there are many places other than FB for
that sort of thing (which you can then link to on the mail list as William did).

So, the point of this post (finally ;-) is to ask what free sites you folks use
and recommend for hosting illustrated blogs or just pictures and videos that
*everyone* can access and enjoy?

Bitchin100 of course
Google Drive
Wordpress