I would like to use a spare PC workstation as a repository for files and
programs, to be accessed by a Model 100. I used to have a null modem cable I
made up years ago. (Alas, that got thrown out in the last Great Hardware
Purge.) I've read about the use of a null modem cable with a USB connector at
the PC end. The workstations I could choose from all have either DB25 or DB9
serial ports, so this is a matter of what works best/easier in syncing. All my
computers run under flavors of Ubuntu Linux. I do run Windows in a VM on a
couple of PCs, but really have no interest in connecting via a VM and to
Windows. (I understand gtkterm is a good terminal choice for the Linux side.)
And lastly, in regard to buying a pre-made cable: would I be correct in
assuming any product labeled "Full Null Modem", "...with Full Handshake", would
be adequate for the task? TIA! ~ Paul