  From: Gary Weber
  To: M100
  Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:17 PM
  Subject: [M100] Figtronix Main ROM adapter

  Hello all,

  I have a question for anyone out there who has created a main ROM adapter for
their Model 100, using these parts and following these instructions:
  http://tandy.wiki/FigTronix#Model_100_Main_ROM_27C256_PLCC_Adapter

  My question has to do with this statement:
     "Unfortunately, using this adapter requires desoldering the original
socket from the motherboard. It IS possible to do this, without damaging either
the motherboard or even the old socket, with flux, solder wick, and patience."

  I'm a little confused as to why the original socket would have to be
de-soldered.  Can't this adapter just be plugged into an empty CPU socket?  Or
is it the case that the M100 case can't close again because of something so
high in that socket pressing against the keyboard circuit-board?

  Thanks for the info!

  --

  Gary Weber
  g...@web8201.com