After purchasing a Wifi232 from Paul Rickards (@paulrickards on
twitter), I began following him on twitter to remain informed of
firmware updates and availability of new units; I'd planned on buying 1
or 2 more when they became available.

While I find most of his social/political views expressed on twitter
distasteful, I still followed him, because the point was the Wifi232
module which I still believe is a very good idea and useful device. I've
been promoting it, and still encourage others to get one.

I began wondering why he was so quiet on twitter recently... yup, I was
blocked. I no doubt said something on twitter with which he had extreme
issues.

It's not my intent to politicize the mailing list. I just found out I
was blocked, then viewed his twitter timeline from another twitter
account... and he announced a firmware upgrade of which I was completely
unaware because he'd blocked me on twitter. This seems unethical to me,
but we're living in an age of growing censorship.

I still think this is a good device, I still encourage other Model-T
owners to acquire one, and intend getting another if possible. I *am*
more anxious for the development of the Woolley Model-T expansion
device, now, for my two m100s. But as they are specialized for the m100,
they won't do much for the rest of my vintage computers (a collection
I'm hoping to rebuild... boy is ebay getting expensive!).

It doesn't occur to Mr Rickards, I guess, that I'm as distasteful of
paying my money to a left-wing extremist as he is of selling his product
to a right-wing extremist (from our relative perspectives). Perhaps I do
him an injustice, and he'll sell me a 2nd one when they become available
again, anyway. I'm no way advocating that he be required to sell me his
product (although I do think he's ethically required to support a
product he's already sold to me).

I'm not requesting a boycott, nor am I requesting or even encouraging
anyone to address the issue to him. I'm not even whining that I got
blocked; I've blocked a number of people and been blocked far more than
once.
  I just want people to be aware that if you've bought a product from
him, don't assume that a lack of communication from him means there's no
development in the product. I haven't had a chance to try the one I
received out yet, but based on everything I've seen and read, and based
upon physical examination, it's a good product. But there's a firmware
update for the Wifi232 which I haven't downloaded because I didn't know
about it.
So check his website periodically. Following him on twitter is somewhat
mandatory as that is where he announces new production runs of the
Wifi232, and they go quickly.

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic or edges into the gray area of the
mailing list rules, but I felt, as the wifi232 could be a very useful
device for Model-T owners, they need to be aware of this potential problem.
Here's a link to his project website for those not familiar with the
wifi232 and who may wish to buy one:
http://biosrhythm.com/?page_id=1453