So... I decided to pull the trigger on building my own set of REX modules, and
now I'm a bit stuck at verical's shipping-charges gunpoint...

The main thing I was concerned about was that the cost of the boards from OSH
Park was not discussed anywhere and not available without making an account, so
I'd assumed it was going to be the most outrageous cost of the whole project.
After finding out that it's not anywhere near what I was expecting to pay (and
shipping to Canada is free), I was nearly giddy and ordered six REX boards and
three QUAD boards (figured why not, it was only a little bit more and if I can
figure out what SRAM chip would work with it I could build some).

Ordering from Digikey is also no problem - switch over to digikey.ca and
shipping is only $8 for orders under $100.

Then I go to order the flash chips from verical.  I'm sitting here staring at
the checkout form now, jaw agape, as it offers me a choice of shipping methods
ranging in price from $46.70 to $57.76 (for half a dozen chips!!!).  Apparently
they only ship to Canada by courier.  Chatted with their customer service and
this was confirmed - no option for a cheaper and slower shipping method.

>From the activity over the last day or two here, it seems like I might have
>missed the boat on this, but: if anybody is ordering the flash chips from
>verical, would you mind adding six more chips to your order and mailing them
>to me after you get them?  I'll happily pay you in advance.

(I used to have things shipped to a PO box service in Point Roberts, WA
whenever I would run into highway robbery shipping like this, but I don't
currently have a valid passport so I can't drive across to pick anything up
now.)

        jim