On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> T200 = different software load.  not sure if I released that or not.

Ah, okay. I have only a 102, so I can't test a 200 REX, though I could
theoretically build them.

What's missing from this entire discussion is software maintenance and bug
> fix.
>
> That is 95% of the job going forward.  Building is a straight forward and
> bounded time commitment.  Software maintenance, bug fix, is a much deeper
> dive.  Let alone improvements.
>
> I'm reasonably confident in the firmware, but if a change was ever needed,
> someone would have to update and test the RTL.

Agreed. And it's especially bad if the person doing the software work isn't
making any money from the hardware sales, but someone else is.

I'd like to have a discussion (possibly offline?) with people about what a
support model for the REX looks like going forward. In addition to software
and/or improvements, the NOR chip is obsolete (though still in decent
stock) - so eventually it will become unobtanium and the REX will either
need to be redesigned or replaced. The CPLD appears to be a current product
though.

-Josh