  From: Peter Noeth
  To: Mike Stein
  Cc: Model 100 Discussion
  Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [M100] Looking for the Barcode drivers on the 26-3846 cassette

  Mike,

    I got the files to load and run: I2OF5, CDABR, UPCEAN and the basic demo
program RDBC2

    There were also a second set: I2OF5D, CDABRD, UPCEAD and the basic demo
program RDBCD2

    The second set I expected must be for the M200, as the HIMEM settings were
lower in RAM (around 56888) than the original M100 set (around 61788). However
in seeing your last response, these may have well been for use with the DVI
(driver names end with "D").

    I tested the M100 drivers and they all work. The UPCEAN driver reads UPC-A,
UPC-E (both the single 6-digit code and the 6-digit code + the separated
2-digit extension), EAN-8 and EAN-13.

    I have the original RS Barcode wand, but for normal use, I use the more
industrial Unitech MS120-NTCB00-SG as it has the sapphire tip that doesn't
really ever wear. Although the LED remains ON all the time, it is brighter than
the RS version (which was made by Hewlett Packard for the HP-41 calculator) and
seems to be better at reading lo-contrast barcodes as are often common on soda
cans.

    The RS wand wears the plastic tip down with heavy use, which affects the
focal distance of the LED beam, and it is not sealed so needs the dust blown
out of it occasionally. Since replacement tips are not available, my RS wand
stays in the original package.

  Thanks again,

  Peter