> In the realm of connectivity, there's been a fair amount of playing
> around with bluetooth serial on M100s. Incorporating a BT serial radio
> might be nice.

To be fair, I work for a company that makes WiFi/BT chips with a pretty
kick-arse CPU in them (the tiny Mac as well as the tiny GameBoy are made
with that chip - on that note, if you allow me the small plug, you can
actually get the tiny game console yourself:
https://www.crowdsupply.com/teampocket/pocketsprite ) and I have been
thinking on putting that in, giving the T100 the capability to just dial
into Telnet-based BBSses from whereever. The main reason I did not do
this is power draw: the ESP32 (the chip in question) can easily eat up
50mA or so when working.

(On second thought - that idea may need revisiting in the short to
medium future. I seem to recall that the SDK team got light sleep to
work, allowing the thing to go to sleep when it has finished emulating
the cycles for a period. That could bring down the power usage. Hmm.
Would mean no USB anymore, however, as the ESP32 lacks that particular
interface.)

In general, one of my first design ideas was to allow the entire thing
to run on a coin cell - that lead to my choice of a member of the very
efficient STM32L422 chip. (Which, as Ken mentioned, has a limited amount
of flash and RAM.) Maybe I should just assume a halfway decent LiIon
battery instead and skimp a bit less on the power. (Would also allow me
to use an OLED screen like
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.3a8827c8g0S1uW&id=540058249955&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail
- I don't really want to skimp on size, but these OLEDs have an
excellent contrast which may help people with bad eyesight. Would look
less like a 'real' Model T then, however...

> For the serial port UART, it might be nice to increase the RX buffer
> size to allow the slow CPU more time to catch up. For an emulated
> machine that might not be important, but might consider it.

Sure! I'm doing serial over USB anyway, right now, so I can make the
buffers as large or small as I need.

Lastly, implementing on-board storage in the form of an internal
emulated TPDD would be awesome, esp if the USB could present the
emulated disk as a mass storage gadget.

That's actually pretty easy to implement.

Cheers,
Jeroen