----- Original Message -----
  From: VANDEN BOSSCHE JAN
  To: m...@bitchin100.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:53 AM
  Subject: Re: [M100] List of wanna haves

  I have asked the Raspberry Pi community to help me with the construction of a
DVI-like video-output device. I made the assumption that the DVI was only a
terminal. Both from the response here, as there, I understand now that this
combination is far more 'intimate' than I presumed.

  https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1271713#p1271713

  I hope that the response given in the above thread helps and incites people,
with far better and more knowledge of the processes and controllers involved,
to pick up on this project and propose the parameters for a video-interface.

  As far as I understand, the driver loaded from the DVI re-maps the video
controller of the M100 towards the one in the DVI, where new tekst and graphics
are generated. The 4K memory in the schematics is obviously the video-RAM,
where 40x16 text (640 bytes) and 240x128 points  (3840 bytes) reside. I suppose
text and graphics do not reside in different memory locations. (because it
doesn't fit...)

  Anyway, contrary to what I thought before, we will probably need to activate
the SCREEN 1, 1 directive with software on the M100 itself. But that software
does not need to be as big as the original driver, because no disk-routines are
necessary.

  I'm sorry if I sound presumptuous, and I apologise if I impose on people's
limited time, but I think this is a project worth pursuing.

  (And I still didn't get an answer about the experiment I proposed, below.)

  Greetings from the TyRannoSaurus
  Jan-80             """""
  @ work            ( @ @ )