On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ken,
> so you are suggesting the .BA file calls into the .DO file?  interesting.
>
> When I embed programs as strings, I write the program to avoid codes <32
> d.
> ex.
> mvi  a,00
> is bad
> xra a
> is good.

Maybe the best of both worlds is a tiny static string that can run-in-place
and doesn't use codes under 32.

Make that tiny static string the fast relocating packer/loader for the
remainder of the program in DATA, or REM statements.

That's assuming you can do loops in the tiny string. Would need relative
jump magic. Or leverage the ROM. The READ loop could be in BASIC. Some or
all of the relocator could be in static string. Still probably need a rel
branch.

-- John.