Brian, you've made a lot of valuable contributions to the Radio Shack community
and especially the ModelT part of it, and it's appreciated.

But there's no need for you to be rude; the one thing that really stands out
about this mail list is that for the most part it's a friendly and helpful
place, generally free of the insults and ad-hominem attacks and arguments so
frequent on some other lists.

John's original post concerning the format of  "your interesting posts" was
"just a suggestion" and he essentially asked you for a favour which he "would
appreciate." It was certainly not an "attempt to criticize me" or a "stupid
conversation," nor was he "picking the damned fight in the first place," and
you might want to reflect on why you perceived it that way...

If it's really not possible to accommodate him and others like him or it's just
too inconvenient for you then that's all you have to say.

His "difficulties" may indeed ultimately be his "responsibility" but that
doesn't really absolve you of showing at least some consideration. I recall the
same thing when you first joined this group and started posting your tidbits on
Facebook; when the members who've chosen not to join FB asked if you could at
least cross-post on this list or another place accessible to the public your
initial answer was more or less the same "just suck it up and move with the
times". Thanks for ultimately relenting ;-)

BTW, if you're going to criticise "the formatting of his own email," especially
top-posting, then maybe you shouldn't top-post either as you did in this
message. FWIW, personally I think bottom-posting is inefficient these days in
this setting and the eternal bottom/top argument is getting pretty stale.

"Don't even try to make this about tone or some crap like that." As a matter of
fact that's exactly what it's about and as far as I can see it's mainly you
that's setting this confrontational and argumentative tone with words like
"stupid, damned fight, why the hell etc.".

'Nuff said...