I saw the SparkFun pins a while ago.  It was before I had rekindled my
model T interest and had completely forgotten about them.  I think they
would be a neat addition to a variant of the REX board and an actual
carrier.  I think if I'm not mistaken the REX as it currently is designed
is too long to fit in a carrier.

The other pins you linked at solutions cubed I've seen clipped on the edge
of LCD displays but look interesting as possible variant.

What's funny, I was seriously considering cutting the pins off some old
IC's and putting them on a REX until I found the REX's physical dimensions
are not the same as the plastic portion of the ROM's that ride in the
carriers.