May not be obvious to everyone, but I designed the T200 Ram module for my
own purposes, with my own on-hand components, and subsequently released
it.   Citing it as an example of poor design choices isn't fair as a
result.  By all means, please put in the work to design build and test and
share an improved design.

REX is plug and play.  I think most people would prefer to plug into the
existing MOLEX...without a need to solder in a socket.