I think in both of these cases I'm using interrupts and hardware
sleep/wait-for-interrupt support, so there's no tight loop. (assuming
correct code and correct wiring on my part, of which I make no such claim
:) ). And yes there is serial port init code. I went through a few
different variations on that "while !Serial" kind of thing, but looks like
now I just have CLIENT.flush() ( Serial1.flush() )
I think it's actually behaving now, in both devices. I believe I had
something bone-headed backwards at the time of the video, watching TX
instead of RX with the interrupt. Also there was something about how
quickly the device can wake from sleep, or from different levels of sleep.
If you don't go below a certain level of sleep, then the device can wake up
fast enough not to lose the same byte of data that woke it up.