I tend to fall on the side of adding a command line switch to turn off the
function if not desired, but the default could be to strip/modify.  The
operating system A files compatible with operating system B seems to be
more of a job for a translator, not a disk emulator.  However if the disk
emulator wishes to perform this function, I see no problem with it.  I
would just think having a command line switch to turn off the function if
so desired, would allow for any type of situation should someone choose to
do so.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Ultimately, it is the software author that makes
these decisions, so I'm not going to gripe either way.  After all, for what
he charges :D, I won't be picky and just be happy to have a utility that
works as well as his software does.  If I feel the need to send over
something as a test like Brian was speaking of, I'll just use an older
version that wouldn't strip the characters.

Rick