These hoods from mouser came in, and they are perfect.

So, if you're willing to deal with crimping pins for a dupont style
connector, the Rick Shear pcb fits in this housing with no grief, and the
assembled housing fits in a Model 100 with no problem and no hacking needed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MN3VEmhEbqehxEzh8

Scroll to the end.

I'm still trying to make a new tiny pcb that goes on the tpdd instead, and
you solder a factory molded serial cable to that, but until I get that,
Rick's existing pcb plus this enclosure (and this digikey order minus the
hoods) works great and supports all models and doesn't look too shabby
either.

So that's a tolerably doable tpdd cable recipe on the books, a little more
realistic and straight-forward than the raw Marty Goodman schematic.

http://tandy.wiki/TPDD#Cable

Thanks Rick and Mike.