Good morning all.

After the help you provided in getting my serial to USB situation sorted
out, I thought i'd update you on the air museum project I used it for.

The New England Air Museum ( www.neam.org ) was created in the early 1960s,
and in the following decades, collected literally tens of thousands of
items such as flight schedules, books on aviation, aeronautical
periodicals, art works, engineering drawings, audio/video materials, and
close to 100 aircraft.

As a research librarian, I figured putting all the collection into a
searchable database would be a Great Leap Forward.

Using my 1986 M102, I walked from collection to collection, entering each
item into a simple text database, applying an appropriate index code and
descriptor.

Then using the serial to USB connection to upload the DO files to the
ResourceMate library system our Win10 server, I've now got the entire
collection indexed in a digital format.  It's public access, but won't have
internet access until next fall.

I had planned to include photos of the process, but the listserv prohibits
large size messages.  Sorry 'bout that.

(I used my 102 specifically because it's light, rugged and easily carried,
has no "flapping" hinged screen, and TEXT is bullet proof.  Most folks at
the museum wondered what the heck it was.)

Progress.
Tom M.
Eastford CT