Jeff - nothing fancy.  I used TEXT on the 102 to enter data as follows:

A1230,Airplane,Boeing,377<enter>
A1230,Airplane,Stout, 3AT<enter>
etc.

The "A1230" is one of hundreds of codes created by library staff over the
years, indicating an item's subject (Hardware, Regulations, Personalities,
Research, etc.).  A = Aircraft, 1230 = Listing by Manufacturer.   Following
that is the specific kind of aircraft (in this case, airplane as opposed to
helicopter or gyrocopter, etc.), then the Manufacturer, then the Type.

The DO file was imported to the ResourceMate system as a CSV file, and thus
easy to manage.

Altho' I'm not sure the listserv will deliver the photos, here's a look at
some of the hundreds of storage files:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jAh4GTpYspbTpWSx9

Some in boxes, some in filing cabinets, etc.

Can you guess the type of aircraft at the back of the room?

Once entered into the 102, I transferred the file to my Win10 laptop, and
did some editing and cleanup using Notepad.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jAh4GTpYspbTpWSx9

Then imported the cleaned up CSV into ResourceMate.

www.resourcemate.com

https://photos.app.goo.gl/99MrKijajL9jBv588

Feel free to ask any further questions.
Tom M.