Well I had a quick look online for that book you suggested.

I only went and found it for sale on fleabay for just short of £4.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F293305402906

Hopefully it'll get my foot through the door. I do know some programming,
growing up in the 80s. I had a C64, friend had a Sinclair ZX Spectrum. The
schools has Acorn computers. I understand loops, variables, inputs to a
limited degree. Enough to write a program like

What is your name?

Your name:  (name)

That was in Spectrum BASIC and about 20 years ago, a lot of sleep and beer
has past under the bridge since then lol

However I feel more enthusiastic about learning BASIC, than say Python.
Don't ask me way, probably because I enjoy mucking about with old 8bit
computers.