There are different cables depending on if you have a 100, 102, or 200.

You can get a cable that works on one of those, or a kit that works on all
3 from arcadeshopper.

You can also build one. There are links to buy exact parts and pics here

http://tandy.wiki/Disk/Video_Interface:_Cable

As far as dosses co-existing, there are programs in the M100SIG archive
expressly to deal with the fact that most tpdd doses, dvi dos, chipmunk,
and probably more cannot coexist, so they wrote programs to swap them in
and out. You basically install one dos, run the util to stash it off to the
side where it's still physically present somewhere in memory, but not
active, then install some other dos, and then you can run the util to
switch between the two at will after that.

Probably it's because both dvidos and at least some tpdd dosses need to use
some of the same main rom hooks. The system rom has no code for dealing
with disks, but it does have a few hooks, which are just a special address
it will check in certain conditions, and jump to whatever address it reads
reads from there. It might be an immediate return/no-op, or it might be the
address of a dvidos or flopy2 or some other installed software's routine.
The routine is installed by software and could be anything, and it could be
stored anywhere in memory, but the special hook address that the system rom
looks at, there is only one of those and it's part of the system rom so it
can't be changed either.

If two different dosses need to supply their own different versions of a
routine for that hook, they can't both do it at the same time. Best you can
do is have the two routines in memory, and have a small program that you
can use to change the value in the hook address so that it points to
whichever dos you want.

I don't know how much of this is actually a problem with dvidos vs ts-dos.
I know that these hooks in the main rom exist for both disk and crt, and I
know dvidos uses them, but I don't know if floppy, flopy2, ts-dos, or any
other tpdd dosses use them, or if this is the main reason they can't both
be active at the same time. Maybe ts-dos doesn't use any of those hooks,
and there is some other reason they can't both be active at the same time.