I have a screen with a similar situation.  I've been meaning to get to
it but I've been slacking.  I ended up winning an auction for another
m100 that is in better shape so it hasn't been a priortiy.  If this
method doesn't fix it I might do some experimenting with ordering new
elastomer from alibaba.