  From: Tom Wilson
  To: m...@bitchin100.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:31 AM
  Subject: Re: [M100] Undocumented hardware

  On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 7:00 AM Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Is there a way to comply?  I think once we know about a file being shared
publicly we should take steps to remove it.

    thanks
    Steve

  Legally speaking, only Van can make someone take down his work. If it’s
posted to Internet Archive without his permission, then he would have to
request the files be taken down.

  If he can’t (because he has passed away), then whoever inherits his
intellectual property would have to make that request. The the rest of us have
no legal authority to act on his behalf. In fact, if Van’s heirs decide they
want his work made public, we’d have to respect that, too.

  You can ask so Archive.org nicely, I suppose, but they are under no
obligation to honor a request from a third party that is not acting as Van’s
agent.

  --

  Tom Wilson
  wilso...@gmail.com