I tried again after removing the hooks and get the same results.

Do I need to be in an empty memory image (ie. with RXCUTL.DO being the only
file in the menu)?  I have my SETIME.BA loaded in this image and of course the
RXCMGR entry is still in the menu.

I tried it by going into RXCMGR and using the F7 Deinstall option, and now it
works.  I guess it is not sufficient to CTRL-X?  Or am I experiencing some sort
of anomaly?  I haven't tried it with an empty image with only RXCUTL.DO loaded
and just using CTRL-X to remove the hooks... I'm running backups now and maybe
I will try other scenarios when they're done...

> 2) And yes, I've dropped some features that either added little value or
> added greatly to the testing burden.  Date and sort were on the chopping
> block.  bad call?

Well, if it was causing a lot of problems then I don't know if it was a bad
call or not.  I sure miss the feature because I found it handy to always have
my RAM images in order of most- to least-recently used... if you're going back
and forth between two images you only need to hit space or right-arrow to
select the one you want.  Now you have to scroll all over the list to find it
(and I'm a bit confused how it's sorting them, is it by block number?  They
seem to appear wherever a deleted item used to be, like a DOS file directory...)

        jim